Selena Gomez's Fanclub
Would you please login or register to have more access to Selena's latest news & medias
Selena Gomez's Fanclub
Would you please login or register to have more access to Selena's latest news & medias
Selena Gomez's Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selena Gomez fanclub Wizards of Waverly Place Princess Protection Program Kiss & tell

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elixir
Elixir

Male Sagittarius
<i>Location</i> Selena's Town

Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? _
PostSubject: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? Lizzie11

Lizzie McGuire, the Disney Channel's apparently still-beloved Hilary Duff vehicle that ended in 2004, was inexplicably a Twitter trending topic this morning. Huh? Well, that's what everyone kept saying: Why is Lizzie McGuire a trending topic? #LizzieMcGuire, thus perpetuating this trend in a wild positive-feedback loop! Did a spammer start this? Some Twitter users were using an apparent "latest update on the Lizzie McGuire movie" to link to a fake weight-loss blog. (The Lizzie McGuire Movie came out in 2003, and we've heard very little about a sequel since the idea was canned later that year.) Or did the trend start because, as many noted, The Lizzie McGuire Movie has been playing on the Disney Channel as recently as last night?

According to many Lizzie fans, this is a regular event: The McGuire movie is on TV, and suddenly she pops up as a trending topic. Some fans even live-tweet the movie, bumping it into the trending zone as far back as last September.

In any case, people won't stop talking, in multiple languages at this point, about #lizziemcguire. And it doesn't seem likely to stop soon: Some fans seem poised to launch a Betty White–like Facebook campaign for a Lizzie sequel. There are also cries for a new Hilary Duff album. Meanwhile, a few people have tweeted, "Is she alive?" and, "I hope Hilary Duff isn't dead!" a whole new avenue of Lizzie McGuire tweets to explore. Or, perhaps this is some member of Team Duff's attempt to outdo Lindsay Lohan, an old rival who once allegedly stole Duff's boyfriend, the now forgotten Aaron Carter. Now Lohan's headed to jail, but Duff's still a more popular topic on Twitter. Point Duff.

Source: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/07/why_is_lizziemcguire_a_trendin.html
Back to top Go down
https://selenagomez.forumotion.org
@dake-ever
@dake-ever

Female Virgo
<i>Location</i> Selena's World

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:31 pm

I was surprised when I see it trending last month and yesterday Razz
it was a nice show !
Back to top Go down
Slove
Slove

Female Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:42 pm

yeah, I saw it yesterday
everybody is talking about a sequel now
Back to top Go down
TheWhiteKnight
TheWhiteKnight

Male Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:46 pm

I love the poster
is it real ???
Back to top Go down
~Stephanie.Cyler~
~Stephanie.Cyler~

Female Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 pm

I don't know I think that's real.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Elixir
Elixir

Male Sagittarius
<i>Location</i> Selena's Town

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:35 pm

TheWhiteKnight wrote:
I love the poster
is it real ???

~Stephanie.Cyler~ wrote:
I don't know I think that's real.
Thanks.
Yeah the poster is not real, there is not a sequel yet Razz

Last edited by Elixir on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://selenagomez.forumotion.org
~Stephanie.Cyler~
~Stephanie.Cyler~

Female Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:38 pm

OK, I understand Very Happy
Thanks again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ider
Ider

Male Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 am

it was funny to see LM trending Razz
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?   Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Is Lizzie McGuire a Trending Topic?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Selena Gomez's Fanclub :: Fans Place :: The lounge-